Alert Sentry Group LLC., a leader in the Personal Emergency Response System industry, introduced advanced models of MPERS (Mobile Personal Emergency Response Systems), the iSAFE and the iSAFE Plus. These iSAFE products are the most affordable and most advanced medical alert systems on the market. The first of their kind, the iSAFE and iSAFE Plus offer direct GPS Location and two-way calling with the push of a button on a nationwide 3G wireless network, so users can remain connected to safety and their loved ones anytime, anywhere.
To call for help, users simply push the easy-to-find button and are immediately connected via two-way communication to Alert Sentry’s CSAA 5 Diamond Certified US-based Call Center. For added support and security, a text message is also sent out to the user’s predetermined contacts to notify them that their loved one or client has issued a call for help. The cutting-edge audio capabilities on the new iSAFE units are clear, loud, and allow users to speak with Alert Sentry’s trained Call Center operators with ease and clarity.
These sleek, lightweight new devices weigh in at just 1.5 ounces and can be worn as a necklace, on a belt clip or as a wrist band, all of which are included with the product. The units are also water-resistant and can be worn in the shower, the most common place for falls to occur.
The iSAFE and iSAFE Plus are offered at an affordable monthly rate and there are no equipment costs or long-term contracts.
- Direct GPS Location, sends the user’s location directly to the monitoring center
- Connectivity to a nationwide 3G wireless network keeping users safe in all 50 states
- Extended battery life of up to 72 hours
- Crystal clear audio quality
iSAFE Plus includes all of the above, plus:
- The ability to Locate Loved One (LLO) by checking the unit’s location
- Fall detection capabilities, which place an automatic call to the Call Center if the device’s motion sensors detect a fall
- A Geo-Fencing feature which notifies loved ones or caregivers if the user travels outside their pre-programmed “safe zone”
- A ring on request feature to help users find their responders should they be misplaced
Alert Sentry’s iSAFE and iSAFE Plus are available for purchase at http://alertsentry.com.
ABOUT ALERT SENTRY
Since its 2003 founding, Alert Sentry has focused on keeping people safe both at home and on the go. Alert Sentry offers a complete line of Personal Emergency Response Systems including the market’s most advanced MPERS; the iSAFE and the iSAFE Plus. Alert Sentry offers the best systems at the most affordable prices.
Alert Sentry operates through a nationwide dealer network. Authorized dealers provide their customers with the full line of Alert Sentry PERS and MPERS devices while receiving full support and customer service from the Alert Sentry team. To learn more about our constantly expanding dealer network, contact our headquarters.
This month, it seemed that the world was absolutely consumed by “Pokemon Go,” a new mobile app that allows users to compete in an augmented reality to catch “Pokemon” animated characters in the real world… through their smartphones (Here’s a beginner’s guide to the game). Pokemon Go is yet another example of the power and reach of modern technology, and a reminder that Americans (seemingly) can’t go anywhere without their smartphones. Younger Americans, that is!
Research shows that while 86% of 18 through 29-year-olds own smartphones, but that percentages dips dramatically as the age bracket increases; Only 30% of people ages 65+ own smartphones.
While mobile phones are still quite popular with the 65+ age bracket, landlines still reign supreme with 80% reporting that they still have a landline at home.
A previous Pew Research study found that seniors are more hesitant to adopt new technologies because of the barriers they face when adopting them, including medical conditions that make it difficult for older Americans to use certain devices and skepticism about the benefits of technology. Most of all, it seems to be a lack of digital literacy that deters seniors from new technologies.
What does this mean for ageing Americans? Mobile phones certainly are not a necessity for older adults, but they can provide an immense sense of security for both elderly folks and their families. Living alone at any age has its dangers and downsides, but those dangers only increase with age, as health wanes and bodies and minds are no longer at the peak of performance.
That’s where Personal Emergency Response Systems come in; with just the click of a button, users are connected to an operator who will get them the help they need. We even offer technology that can help detect a fall, making a response time even faster for users. Rather than having to locate one’s mobile device or landline and dial a telephone number, Alert Sentry users can be connected with a first-responder with just one click of a button.
Whether you or a loved one lives at home alone, there are steps you can take to improve safety – and provide peace-of-mind – that an accident can be assessed and treated quickly and easily.
According to the IndustryArc report, “Personal Emergency Response Systems (PERS) Market Analysis”, the market for PERS is estimated to reach $8 billion by 2020. The increased demand is largely due to an ageing population and increased education surrounding PERS.
Although PERS have been in the market for the past few decades, they were largely marketed to the elderly population. However, current systems are becoming more and more innovative and are being designed to reach a broader population, including people with disabilities, people with chronic diseases, and people needing post-operative monitoring.
Our products are keeping up with the ever-changing market; our Home-Based System is integrated with your landline phone; the iSafe Responder allows communication directly through the device, wherever you are, and the iSafe Elite even comes with fall detection technology.
By 2060, the 65 and older age group will more than double, according to the PEW Research Center’s 2015 projections. It is estimated that 98 million Americans will make up that age group in 2060, up from just 46 million in 2014.
In comparison, the under 18 age group is expected to increase by only 11.8% between now and 2060.
So why is the 65+ population growing at such a drastic rate, while the rest of the population growth rates are expected to remain the same over the next 35 years?
- Baby Boomers are aging.There are currently approximately 74.9 million Baby Boomers (aged 51-69) in the United States. The Baby Boomer population is second only to Millennials, of whom there are 75.4 million.
- People are living longer because of advances in science…In 1900, only 4% of the US population was over 65 years of age. Today, that age demographic makes up 14% of the population. Why? Because we’ve had major advances in medical sciences, like organ transplants and radiologic imaging.
- …And improved public health initiatives. Over the last century, everything from public sanitation to education surrounding health and wellness has improved dramatically. The United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention was created in 1946 with a mission to improve field investigation, training, and control of communicable diseases. The CDC leads the charge in educating and preventing against known, new, and emerging diseases around the world and has more than 14,000 employees serving and protecting Americans.
One such advancement in the medical field has been the creation and advancement of Personal Emergency Response Systems (PERS). More than 90% of respondents to the AARP’s “Healthy At Home” study said that they wanted to live at their own home for as long as possible. PERS systems help make this a possibility for many, by providing a “safety net” for users by allowing them to call for medical help with the simple push of a button.
Studies show that those who use a PERS system lived up to 6 years longer in their own space than those without this added security. Alert Sentry’s state-of-the-art systems give our clients an added insurance of wellbeing, and our three different products offer something for everyone. Call one of our representatives, available 24/7 to learn more.